Saturday, December 7, 2013

Ashlyn....Dec. 7th


Well our trip to Vegas was fun but rather anti-climatic. We woke up at 3:50 a.m. to get to the Wyview chapel at 4:30. Our flight was supposed to leave at 8:30 but it was delayed until 9 because they had to blow the snow off of it. When we got there this service missionary named Elder Greer picked us up and took us to Del Taco to pick up lunch then we went to an LDS institute building and ate there and sat around for like three hours until it was time to go to the consulate. It was as impressive as we were made to believe. The consul was really nice he scanned our pointer fingers and then took our picture, I looked mad in mine. There wasn't a problem with my visa, they even used the paper that I messed up on. I got to see my passport for about two minutes then they took it away again. I'm OK with that its too much pressure to make sure I don't lose it so I'm glad they keep it safe for us although some missionaries don't really like it. Well we got back home at 10:15 pm and finally went to bed somewhere between 11:30 and midnight. We were so tired. The next day two of the other sister in our district left to get their visas at Salt Lake so now only one sister in our district hasn't gotten her yet. I'm worried that she might not get before we leave. Please pray for her. her name is Hermana Warburton. 
Our district is really close. Its been awesome only having hermanas in our district. We have bonded so much and we are a lot more obedient than the other districts. I love my district so much. I'm going to be sad to leave them. I know that they will all make amazing missionaries in Guadalajara. I can't believe we leave in 9 days!!!!! AH!!!! I'm getting nervous and excited and so many other feelings. My spanish is improving a lot but I'm no where close to being fluent. I do have the feeling that I will learn really fast once I get out there though because I'll be speaking it 24/7. We are the first American sisters going to Guadalajara so some of us will probably be training on our third transfer. EEK! But I'm excited to get out there and teach some real investigators! I love feeling the Spirit in our lessons. Its the best! It makes me want to go out and never stop being a missionary! Its really the best when you go in there and you know you've planned by the spirit and then you teach by the spirit and then you leave feeling accomplished and amazing and on top of the world! 
I love our teachers so much! Their names are Hermano Salisburry and Hermana Elsey. Salisbury went to Salt Lake spanish speaking and Elsey went to Agentina. They are both so amazing and know so much about the gospel and we can really tell that they care about us. 
Things have been slightly tough with my companion. I've been struggling with loving her and I haven't been able to figure out why since my nature is to be naturally loving and compassionate. Well when we were teaching Hermana Elsey as Carla it hit me why. I hadn't been feeling that she loved me back. She has a hard time opening up to people and really letting them know that she loves them. So I pulled hermana Elsey aside last night and just told her how I was feeling and that I didn't want to end this companionship with a feeling of relief that I wanted to be sad to no longer be her companion. She told me that her and hermano Salisburry had been worried about us and didn't know what to do either. She was really comforting and told me that I was doing a great job and to just keep doing what I was doing. We talked for like half an hour it was really nice I felt a lot better about I've been doing as a  missionary and she told me that I have really been progressing. AFter I talked with her my companion decided to talk with her too and I think they talked about the same thing. Hermana Elsey gave us some homework to have a REAL companionship inventory, so we did. I was really up front and told her exactly how I was feeling. I was a little nervous because I was scared that she might take it all a little to personally but It turned out really well. I said the prayer before we started and I prayed for the Spirit to be there and to be able to say the things we needed to say with out being offended and it worked! Prayer works! I have such a strong testimony of it! SO we both know that we don't love each other 100% but we are both working on Charity especially not being "easily provoked" (Moroni 11:45?) 
Well I'm out of time because I have to go get my hair cut at 10:15 but know that I love you all and that I think about you and I'm praying for all of you!!!
Adios!

Hermana Naegle

No comments:

Post a Comment