Hola dear family and friends of mine!
Well this has been the hardest week of my life. I haven't cried or anything but Its so hard! I can't wait to call my family on Christmas!
Well my house is pretty nasty. The elders before us didn't clean anything and we had to live in filth for five days until Pday when we could clean it. While cleaning the kitchen I was trying to get rid of all the spiders and their webs under the sink when I broke one of the water thingys and water started to gush out. SO our floor flooded and it took us forever to clean it all up. In my defense the thingy was so rusty and old that it would have broken on its own in a few days. I just sped up the process.
Well we have a total of three investigators. We've taught two and we teach the other today in a few hours. It's been hard. all our ''new investigators'' have fallen through and the work has been really slow.
The language thing is hard. Those of you still in the MTC learn verbs and nouns like crazy and practice outloud! I really wish I would have practiced more outloud. Also reading the Book of Mormon outloud in Spanish really helps with your pronunciation.
OK. Well back to my living conditions. I shower out of a bucket because we don't have hot water. My bed is mostly just springs, no fluffy comfort or any of that unimportant stuff. I also don't have a blanket. I have learned a few things. One of them is that most Elders (no offense) don't know how to clean. Our house was filthy when we moved in on Tuesday. So nasty. Well we cleaned it up today and its so much better. I think I killed about 6 or seven spiders, a million ants, two beetles, one or two roaches and there were about twenty dead flies.... all in the kitchen, I don't know how many my companion killed in the bathroom and I don't want to.
Our ward is awesome. We share it with four other elders. Their names are Elders Juarez and Wait and Elders Alexander and Pecheco. They make up the rest of our district.
We have district meetings every Wednesday morning.
I haven't had a real language study. My companion's name is Hna. Leija. She's really nice and super patient with me. However I don't think she understands how important language study is since it keeps not happening. Oh well. I'm praying that it will be better this next week.
We did eat tamales out of a minivan my first night. It was extremely sketchy, but I took some of that stuff you gave me, mom, to prevent parasites and I haven't gotten sick...yet. Elder Wait is super sick, him and his companion eat at taco stands all the time and it's made him really ill.
I love my personal study. Its the only time I can do something in English and I understand exactly whats happening. Its really the only thing that keeps me going because I don't know whats going on about 70% of the time.
Bus rides are like a roller coaster. Its like riding a very unsafe version of the Indiana Jones ride at Disney Land. There are a lot of speed bumps and the drivers speed in-between them and then slam on their brakes right before they go over them. Instead of ''sea legs'' you need ''bus legs''. The worst is when there's so many people you get squished up next to other people. We've only had that happen once because we try to avoid the really full ones.
They didn't have me speak in sacrament meeting witch was a huge relief; although I know it will happen soon if not this next week.
Well the church is true and although its hard I wouldn't be anywhere else. Even though I think probably a million times a day that I want to go home, I don't really mean it and I don't want to leave.
Well I love you all and I will send some pictures next week.
Love, Hermana Naegle
No comments:
Post a Comment